Saturday, January 24, 2009

Washington D.C. Day 1

Yesterday we arrived at Sanford High School by 5 am and had our luggage searched and got our marching orders. There was huge excitement and energy in the building. We left 7 minutes after 7 am with a wonderful send off from parents and supporters. Vicki and I sat in the back of the bus and many of the other chaperones expressed envy at the fact that we seemed to be having a party....we were and we are not apologizing for that. The kids were wonderful. But as much fun as the party was I fell asleep for the next four hours. I did not snore but I apparently hogged the seats and shoved Vicki further and further into the aisle. I do not believe her, because I distinctly recall her ass hitting mine when she turned to her left to doze off herself! Oh, by the way...she is going by Viv now instead of Vicki because thats what her identity card states. I kind like that new name...Viv...I think it makes her sexier. She has been sketching out the entire time because she thinks I am going to put the moves on her. All I can say is what happens on the bus stays on the bus. (Actually Viv told me to tell you all that). We ended up in Maryland by 4ish...and then sat around the hotel for a while trying to figure out what to do because the bus drivers had timed out...and could not drive long distances because of federal regulations. We ended up at the Golden Corral for supper--which was incredible. I had always seen those in Florida but had never been inclined to try it...well my mistake! The food was plentiful, tasty, well prepared and diverse. Steak, pot roast, chicken, pork, lots of veggies, salad, fruit, and sides...pizza, cakes, pies and ice cream..the hot buttered rolls were delicious. The kids ate and ate...the adults did too....we all had carb overloads and we all hit the bed early. We did do a radio show and everyone should check that out and listen up tonight at 8 pm.

No comments: